Elementary School Admissions Process
Students are accepted into Kuper Academy’s Early Learning Pavilion and Elementary School through an individual selection process which generally includes a personal interview and an entrance examination. The applicant must demonstrate sufficient language skills, gross and fine motor development, academic preparedness and a high degree of motivation and interest. Our expectation is that a student demonstrates a positive attitude towards learning and in his/her relationships with other children. It is essential that a child display a healthy social, physical, emotional, and intellectual disposition in order to benefit from and contribute to our Academy program.
Applying to Kuper Academy
Upon making the decision to apply, parents should submit the following to the Kuper Academy elementary school:
• A fully completed application form
• The child's original Birth Certificate with both parents' names (it will be photocopied and returned)
• The child's original and most recent report card (it will be photocopied)
• The Student Profile
• Canadian Immigration paper work if the child was not born in Canada
• A non-refundable cheque (payable to Kuper Academy Inc.) of $50.00 for K5 and grades one through six
• Students admitted to K3 or K4 who wish to continue in K5 will be assessed the $200.00 registration fee and the K5 Building Fund at the time of K5 registration.
Following the processing of this documentation, parents will be given a date and time for testing and evaluation. Parents will be duly notified of the evaluation results. Should the child receive a letter of acceptance to Kuper Academy, the parents must provide the school with:
• A completed registration form
• The registration fee of $200.00 per child (K5 through Grade 6)
• Signed contracts
• A completed payment plan selection form
• Supplementary Field Trip Contract (K3 and K4 only)
• A field trip release form
• The required building fund fee:
K5 and Grade 1: $1125.00
Grades 2,3 and 4: $1575.00
Grades 5 & 6: $1775.00
Upon receipt of all of the above, Kuper Academy will formally register the student.
Tuition and Fee Schedule 2017 – 2018
Pre-school and Kindergarten
K-3 : Government subsidized program
K-4 : Government subsidized program
K-5 : $10,500.00
Grade 1 & 2 : $12,325.00
Grade 3 & 4 : $12,500.00
Grade 5 : $12,650.00
Grade 6 : $12,999.00
Tuition fees are payable to Kuper Academy Inc. in advance of the following dates:
Plan A: August 25, 2017 (100%)
Plan B: August 25, 2017 (50%)
January 19, 2018 (50%)
Plan C: August 25, 2017
October 1, 2017 - March 1, 2018 (monthly installments- a $230.00 finance charge will
apply to all grades except K3 & K4)
K3 & K4 Admissions Fees and Payment Schedule:
Tuition is $7.55 per day for 241 days of service for a total of $1819.55 plus the cost of field trips which will total a maximum amount of $525.00. K4 families have the option to pay in nine installments beginning on August 25, 2017 followed by a payment on the first of every month from October 1, 2017 through to May 1, 2018.
Please note that all invoices (for each plan) will be mailed in August 2017.
Should you require any more information about the preschool or elementary school at Kuper Academy or if you would like an appointment to view the school please call our Admissions Officer, Mrs. Mareshlian at (514) 426-3007 ext 322.