TEF Canada / TEFaQ - Language Proficiency Testing
The TEF Canada and TEFaQ are French language proficiency tests recognized by the Ministère de l’Immigration de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI) as a measure of proficiency for its Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ) immigration selection process, as well as Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for its citizenship selection process.
In general, the requirements of the Minister of Immigration are:
- Canadian Citizenship: listening and speaking during the same session of TEF Canada.
- Federal Canadian immigration programs: reading comprehension, listening, writing and speaking during the same session of TEF Canada.
- Immigration Quebec: at the discretion of the TEFAQ candidate.
- Friday February 21, 2020 (registration from January 25th – January 12th 11:59am)
- Friday March 6, 2020 (registration from February 13th – February 26th 11:59 AM)
- Saturday March 21, 2020 (registration from March 27th – March 12th 11:59 AM)
- Friday April 3, 2020 (registration from March 13th – March 25th 11:59 AM)
- Saturday April 18, 2020 (registration from March 26th – April 9th 11:59 AM)
- Friday May 1, 2020 (registration from April 10th – April 22nd 11:59 AM)
- Saturday May 16, 2020 (registration from April 23rd – May 7th 11:59 AM)
- Saturday May 30, 2020 (registration from May 8th – May21st 11:59 AM)
The following fees are associated with each component of the test. The total test fee will vary according to each candidate’s selection.
- Oral Comprehension: $145.00
- Oral Expression: $145.00
- Written Comprehension: $73.00
- Written Expression: $73.00
Please note that the test center is not authorized to provide information regarding the number of evaluations you must complete, as these requirements vary between candidates. It is your responsibility to select all evaluations that you require.
These tests contain four sections/ evaluations:
- Oral Comprehension (40 minutes)
- Oral Expression (15 minutes)
- Written Comprehension (60 minutes)
- Written Expression (60 minutes)
Expect a wait period between each scheduled evaluation. Detailed, personalized schedules will be communicated on the day of the test. Candidates should be available from 12 p.m. (noon) until 8 p.m.
Please note that the time of the exam is subject to change based on the number of participants registered. You will be informed by email of the final schedule one week before the exam.
View the TEFAQ candidate manual. For more information about the TEFaQ, click here.
View the TEF candidate manual and TEF Registration and Test Conditions. For more information about the TEF Canada, click here.
The TEF CANADA attestation will be sent to you by mail approximately six weeks after the test.
The TEFAQ candidates will receive an email giving them access to their electronic attestation approximately six weeks after the test.
The multiple-choice questions for the Oral Comprehension & Written Comprehension and the Written Expression test components are corrected by the “CCI Paris Ile de France Le French for Business”. The Oral Expression test component is evaluated by a jury of examiners at the test center and may be subject to review. The Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and the Inclusion of Quebec has the right to ask for the verification of the TEFaQ results awarded by the CCIP.
You can request a verification of your results by directly submitting your request to the CCIP within a delay of 90 days following the date on which the TEFaQ result attestation was issued. This process is initiated online at https://www.lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr/tests-diplomes/test-evaluation-francais-tef/ and will cost 50 Euros. Such request should be processed within 4 weeks after the receipt of your application.
All candidates must present themselves on the date of the test with the following documents:
- The registration form (download the registration form)
- Final confirmation of Enrollment/Registration (sent by e-mail approximately one week prior to the test date)
- A valid passport (CANDIDATES WITHOUT A VALID PASSPORT ARE NOT PERMITTED TO REGISTER)
- One photograph (35 mm x 45 mm format)
Please note that candidates without these documents will automatically be refused access to the test. No candidate will be admitted without all of the above documents and the fees will NOT be reimbursed. It is the candidate’s responsibility to have all the required documents before arriving on site. No exceptions will be made.
Please note that all fees are non-refundable. Before submitting your registration, please double check your choices, as the test date and component selection will be final.
Registration must be completed online.
On the day of the test, you cannot participate in any extra evaluations other than the one(s) you originally registered for. No exceptions, under any circumstances, will be made.
Candidates must respect a two-month wait period between two test registrations. If this 60-day period is not respected, the registration will be canceled.
Carefully check the data you enter in the online registration form, as it will appear on the attestation.
Centre International de DELF/DALF- TEF Canada / TEFaQ
2975 Edmond, Kirkland, Quebec, Canada H9H 5K5 / 514-426-3007 ext.245
Language of Delivery French
The TEF Canada is a French language proficiency test recognized by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) as a measure of proficiency for its citizenship selection process and Federal Immigration programs.