Financial Assistance & Scholarships
Kuper Academy is privately-owned, operated, and financed. The only source of income is the yearly tuition paid by parents. All expenses are covered solely from the tuition fees without any government or organizational subsidies. Nevertheless, we work diligently to provide financial assistance to deserving students whose families cannot bear the full cost of a Kuper Academy education.
Kuper Academy offers a variety of renewable and non-renewable merit-based scholarships to students in secondary one through to five.
We offer five merit-based scholarships to grade six graduating students who exemplify excellence within various areas. We are confident that these scholarship opportunities will not only encourage our students to work hard, but that they will allow for continued excellence within the Kuper community.
The scholarships will be as follows:
- One Math & Science scholarship valued at $1,500 per year and given to the grade six student who has not only excelled in academics overall, but who demonstrates tangible skill and ambition in the area of Math and Science
- One Language Arts scholarship valued at $1,500 per year and given to the grade six student who has not only excelled in academics overall, but who excels in either the English or French language classes
- One Social Studies scholarship valued at $1,500 per year and given to a grade six student who has not only excelled in academics overall, but who excels in history or geography
- One Overall Excellence scholarship valued at $2,000 per year that will be given to a grade six student who not only excels academically, but who participates in a variety of extracurricular activities, who leads others by example, and who has the ability to collaborate well with peers as well as adults
- One Athletic scholarship that will be made available through a separate application and will be given to a student who not only participates in double-letter or elite sports that Kuper currently offers, but who maintain good academic standing, who display excellent sportsmanship, and who will also commit to playing three Kuper sports per year while attending the high school. For more information please call the Director of Admissions, Mr. Rob Salette, at (514) 426-3007, ext. 235.
Scholarship decisions will be made based upon several criteria, including: the quality of the answers on the application form, overall average, participation in extracurricular school activities, leadership abilities and school spirit, and an assessment of how the student will contribute to academic and extracurricular life in the high school. A committee of senior staff members from both the elementary and the high school will convene to make the decision, and the students who earn the scholarships will have the opportunity to maintain them throughout the duration of their time at Kuper high school provided that they maintain an 85% average each year.